Friday, January 4, 2013

Our very first sewing challenge for 2013!

As you all know, our Maman belongs to the BSC sewing club.
That stands for "Bleuette Sewing Club".
She has belonged for 3 1/2 years now.
For Jan and Feb the sewing challenge is to make something from the 
Mary Frances sewing book.
This is a book published in 1912 to teach young girls how to sew.
Even with help from adults Maman found this dress hard to make.
But here is Zoe modeling it.
She is Mary Marie, Mary Frances' little doll.

Here is a close up photo.
Maman bought the fabric last year.
Zoe just loves it.

This is the back of the dress.
Maman could not figure out how to make a placket so she just cut down the back and
hemmed under.

This is the pinafore.
Maman used a piece of fabric which already had embroidery on it.
Isn't it darling?

This is the back of the pinafore.
Maybe she will make one of these for me too!
Love from Yvette Marie xoxoxo

8 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the pictures! I am gathering my courage to try and make one! I like the way the pinafore sits and seeing the back is very helpful!

betty said...

You did a good job. Very pretty. Love the fabric.
Maybe I will have time to make a new dress for one of my Bleuettes.
betty

Loretta said...

Linda, be careful when you cut out the dress. It's cut out on TWO folds. This dress pattern stretched my mind! Maman Loretta

Loretta said...

Thanks, Betty! It was so interesting to sew...I have quite a lot of tiny print fabric now to use for Bleuette. The girls are all very happy indeed. Maman Loretta

sheri said...

The dress and pinafore are absolutely lovely and the little birdie fabric is precious. Makes me very nostalgic!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the dress and apron are beautiful. I really like the color of the fabric. Great job!. Keep in touch

Loretta said...

Thank you so much, Sheri! The fabric is very pretty in person. Zoe is enjoying it a lot!

Loretta said...

Thanks, Marta! I checked out your fascinating blog. It's wonderful! Thanks for commenting here.