Monday, December 6, 2010

HAPPY ST NICHOLAS DAY!

We haven't posted in an AGE! Our calendars didn't sell, so we sent them off as gifts. Oh well, we'll have to think of other ways to make dolly money for new clothes and shoes! Maman kindly made me and Helena new Christmas hankie dresses. Today is St. Nicholas Day. Maman is half Dutch because she's married to a Dutch man, so she had us put out wooden shoes last night and today they were full of gifts for each of us!
There was a new mixer for me, 3 pairs of red shoes for Zoe, Helena and Ellowyne, 2 small porcelain angels for our bedroom, and a darling nutcracker made in Germany.

Here's a close up of our gifts. Aren't they wonderful?

I tried out the mixer right away, to get started on my Christmas gifts early.
I baked special cupcakes for the girls.
If you click on the picture, you can see my cupcakes up close.
The German nutcracker is watching me!
Love from Yvette Marie

1 comment:

yuis said...

Yvette Marie, Happy St. Nicholas Day! Your cupcakes look yummy and the gifts Maman Houben gave are wonderful! I have a close friend who is married to a Dutch man, too. I will have to wish them happy St. Nicholas Day.